Thursday, December 11, 2008

Appying for our Visa



So, I sold 120 lanterns at Art Shop, and Will sold some of his prints, along with a bunch of these sweet new calendars he designed. Thanks to all who came out and supported us. This $ will be going towards our trip.

Now, it's time to apply for our Visa's! This is our first tangible step to making our trip a reality. I'm both excited and nervous. I've never had a visa before, it feels so.....long term, which of course it is. 6 months is a lot for me. The only times I've ever been out of the country were when I did this community service trip in Scotland where I was a street mime for 3 weeks, yup that's right, and when Will and I went to Costa Rica for a week on our honeymoon. I've been to Canada twice, and the Bahama's once, but they weren't hard trips. My whole life I've been in Philadelphia. I stayed in Philly for college and grad. school. Heck, I lived with my parents, in the same house, until I was 21, and when they moved to a new house I went with them and lived there until I was 23. I'm going to India for 6 months, 6 MONTHS! I'm going to learn a new language, a new way of living, a new way of traveling, meet new friends, eat new food, see new environments, teach new kids, it's all new, all at once and I'm a little freaked out. Venting done, I'm going to switch all of those things into the "positive and at peace lense", and say that all of those things are also amazing. Choosing to be at peace, is a daily prayer for me, and I hope that you all will join me in that.

Love to all,

Lauren

No comments: