Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Little Ones







Monday was my visit to the Early Intervention Center Sattelite Program. This program started out of a women's co-op which focused on fair wages for female house workers (cleaning ladies, nannies etc.), as well as at home crafters. The EIC started as a daycare for the children of these workers, but has since joined with the Latika Roy foundation to be an inlclusive program for chilren with special needs. Most of the chilren I met were under the age of 3, and were of course completely adorable. The EIC program is just a few months old, and I hope to help jump start the art supports part of their schooling, while focusing on adaptable projects for these young children.

As the EIC Sattelite Program was my last site to visit, yesterday I started to develop a proposed schedule. I will working at 4 different sites, with ages ranging from 1-21. It'll be a challenge as the sites are spread out a bit. But most are in easy walking distance, and I tried to make a schedule that was a challenge, but leaft plenty of room for prep, research and rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if there's anyone i know that can teach ages 1-21 its you lauren. i love all the pictures of precious little people.
love and miss you.