Monday, April 13, 2009

A long weekend's rest....and some architecture.


Hello All,
I'm here at our local internet cafe "Emotions" (gotta love the name:-), catching up on emails and our blog. I'm unable to put up our pictures at this time, but I did copy and paste this one of the swanky hotel we stayed at. Will, Lisa (our new housemate), Rebecca, Tareq (friends who are working in the Tibetan colony near by) and I took a 5 hour train ride out to Chandigarh this past Friday morning and arrived easily and safely at our fabulous hotel Aura Vaseela. We spent much of our time relaxing in our rooms and around the pool and headed into town only to see one or two sites as well as hit the local restaurants for dinner. This layed back weekend was exactly what we all needed, and because we split the costs of our 2 rooms, train tickets and taxi rides we each only payed about $80 for the 3 days that we were away (not including meals). Getting a good bargain always makes things more relaxing.
Because there were 5 of us, we were also more easily able to break up into small groups and do our own thing. Will actually set out on his own for a whole afternoon of hunting for and drawing pictures of some well known architecture in the area, while Tareq did some shopping and the girls and I headed back to our hotel for more napping and swimming.
Unfortunately my stomach problems have sprung up again and I think I'll be talking to Jo's doctor friend for some antibiotics as my tummy is starting to interfere with my day to day life.
Ravi, Will's boss, is talking about sending Will out on a short trip again. Ravi also mentioned that he has a surprise for Will, which we will find out about tonight over dinner at Jo and Ravi's house. Could it be some architecture work?
I have to mention Lisa a bit, as we've been living with her for 2 weeks now. She is just a few years younger than Will and I, comes from Ireland, and has turned out to be a real kindred spirit. Traveling together I think has really proved that we are all getting along very well, as it often pushes people to their limits. Lisa and I have begun to go out together for coffee and shopping a few times a week, and are even reading the same series of books. I am enjoying Lisa very much and it's nice to have a gal pal in the house.
Will post pictures soon.
Love to you all,
Lauren

2 comments:

walkingontravels said...

Wow! I wouldn't have left the pool either!!! So what rooms were you in- the deluxe, the luxury or the cottages. And stop drinking the water missy ;-) Sorry to hear the tummy is still no good.

Lauren Stichter said...

Deluxe! We even had cable TV;-) Will and Tareq got to watch soccer and I think that was enough of a vacation for them.