Monday, April 27, 2009

Pictures Found!

Well, after 2 weeks of vigilantly working on our laptop, Will has recovered our pictures. This is an amazing feet to me as I am not tech savvy at all. I had given up the pictures for lost days ago, but Will plugged along looking through over 4,000 recovered jpegs. to find our pictures. I'm really proud of him for his skills in this area and even more in awe of his patience. Will is going to continue to look for some videos and other lost items, but after that he will be reformatting the whole computer and then it should be up and running again.

In other good news, our friends Kristin and Derek have confirmed that they are coming to visit us for our last week in India. I'm really excited to show them the community of friends we have developed here, where we work, and this beautiful area we currently call home. I'm sad they'll miss meeting Jo and her dad Owen though. Jo is heading back to the states with her dad to visit family and check out some conferences/resources for children with special needs. Jo is always on the look out for what is new in this area and I am not at all surprised that she is using some of her much needed vacation time to continue working for her staff and students back at the Latika Roy Foundation.

Jo has been an exceptional boss to me. She is runs a tight ship with an open mind and heart. Jo has also become a dear friend to both Will and I, and I have no doubt we will continue to keep in touch after we part ways. I'm also going to miss Jo's dad Owen. I'd like to think that he and I bonded a bit while I've been here, as I have often stopped in to chat with him to hear the many rich stories of his life. My relationship with Owen has been especially touching to me as both my grandfathers have now passed. Owen's companionship and boyish charm will be greatly missed around here.

Blessings to you all, and to Jo and Owen on their travels back to the states.
Lauren

1 comment:

Joshua Grace said...

may Jo & Owen travel safely. willis again is the man!