Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ngoega



Our friends Rebecca, Tareq and Namdol invited us up to the Tibetan School they are working at. This school is located up the hill from us and is a school for children with special needs. Rebecca and Namdol are physical therapists and Tareq is a volunteer staff member helping out wherever he is needed. This school is really amazing, and the kids live here full time except for during the summer. The grounds are simple yet clean, with lovely architecture. I was really excited to meet a few kids who were going to the local school for the deaf and they seemed pretty pumped to meet me. We exchanged signs and learned a bit from each other. I probably could have talked to them all night if I had not been visiting my dear friends. It made me really miss my kids back at PSD. I miss using sign language and having another way to express myself. It gave me great joy to use sign language with these Tibetan students, and I'm eager for more visits with them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: