Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jo's House

This past weekend Will and I got to house sit for Jo & Ravi. Jo's dad Owen was there, and their daughter Moy. As Owen has gotten older, and due to a stroke a few years ago, his memory isn't so great these days. I can't imagine how frustrating that is for him, but I do love the stories his memory has retained. In the two days that Will and I were with him Owen talked often of his wife Pat, who died just a year ago. Owen remembers the day he met his wife, and loves to share the story over and over:
"I was in a hall and an office door opened. Pat stepped out and I said to myself "that's the girl I'm going to marry" and I did just that. Pat was a peach. Everybody loved her. We never fought in the 50 (55?) years that we were married."
I can only hope that when my mind starts to age, that I will still remember the day that I met Will. It's a good memory, and I hope I retain it as well as Owen has retained the memory of his wife.

Two other great thing about house sitting was taking a hot shower with really nice water pressure and being able to Skype with the fam. Our house has hot water, but pressure is more of a trickle and Will and I have mostly been taking bucket baths which is fine. It was just a nice treat to get a good shower.

Skype is available to us at other times, but it's mostly at the Internet cafe or in the offices we've been working in. Will and I were thrilled to get some private Skype time with our parents and my sister Kerry, and Will's brother Mike.
It was good to see that all is well on the home front;-)

2 comments:

Joshua Grace said...

aw, you guys are so cute

Gabriel Sim-Laramee said...

Curious minds want to know - tell us the story of when you and Will first met!