Friday, March 13, 2009

Water & Ash





I continue to think of free materials to use at LV’s after school program. This week I was thinking about all of the small trash fires that are lit on everyone’s property around here and was wondering if we could do something fun with the ash. So I grabbed some old dirt from a burnt pile, threw in some water and we “painted” the wall outside of LV. All of it will wash off in the rain, orcan be easily hosed down. For added measure I made sure it was the wall facing south so that if anything was stained the sun would bleach it white over time. The kids LOVED working on this project, and I loved that no adults interfered and simply let the kids create on their own.

2 comments:

S. and J. Hoke said...

great idea. you've created a new mural arts program, changes after every rain. how many rains do you get there?

Joshua Grace said...

everyone loves to write on walls!