Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Joshimath


So Will has the camera this week, while he's away, so I'm pulling some pictures from the internet to show you where he is. Last night Will was in a town called Joshimath, which is North East of Dehra Dun. Joshimath is near a place called Valley of the Flowers. Not sure if he got to this beautiful place, but I sure hope he got to at least pass through it. I bet my mom, aunt Barb, and mother-in-law Connie would love this place. Will has been doing well, and staying in small hotels at night. He was very excited to catch a Chelsea game on TV in his hotel room, and get a nice hot shower with strong water pressure.

Back here in DD, Andy and I have been working (I at LR's sites, and Andy on his photos) gallivanting around town, watching movies and hanging out with our new friends Rebecca, Tarek and Namdol who work at a school near by. A huge highlite was finding a place that sells cheese and chicken sausage...what a luxury! Andy is thinking of taking an overnight trip to Dharamsala and my friend Priyam might put me up at her house for the night while Andy is away.

Not much else here. I hope to soon post some cute pics of the little kids that Andy took yesterday.

Blessings to you all.

3 comments:

the lure of wealth said...

LUCKY! that place looks beautiful. all those buildings look kind of like Anasazi Indian cave dwellings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mesaverde_cliffpalace_20030914.752.jpg

Joshua Grace said...

that's a pretty cool place, AMAZING name!

Anonymous said...

here is sunny cool temperature is 48. what is your weather?
How long will you stay in India?
Are them mountains very high?

bye,Lauren
from:Zakee Bess
(^_^)