Friday, June 19, 2009

Frue Kirke




Last night Will took me to his favorite church buiding in Denmark, Frue Kirke. This building is right down the street from the school Will attended, and he would often head here it at the end of his day to unwind. The interior is very simple and white, just Will's style, and the pastors often include art installations as part of their service. Last night was such an evening and around dusk we headed into a space lit with candles and echoing with music from a single soprano singing from the balcony. It was spectacular and I teared up in this space as I made my rounds to each alter/installation. Will seemed to feel at home here as he leaned against the wall enjoying the peaceful environment. I understand now why he was so eager to bring me to this magnificant space.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Adam Heinze said...

Really great shots. Look forward to hearing about your adventures.