Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lassi LIves!





Many of you know that when we came home from our trip to the Taj in March, Lassi was missing. Our cleaning lady Dwarika said that she had accidently left the gate open and Lassi had wondered off. We hoped for the best and tried to put our little furry friend out of our minds.
Well, Will was walking home from getting some train tickets a few days ago and came across a small dog that looked very familiar. It was Lassi! Will walked over and petted her to look for the familiar markings on her tummy. It was her alright and he came home to tell me. Later that night Kristin, Derek, Will and I headed out for dinner walking by Bisht (our local convenience store) in hopes that we would see Lassi again. I had brought along her last bone in case we saw her. Lassi was not at Bisht but as we looked down a small road just past the store we saw a small white dog with spots hanging out in the grass. I called Lassi’s name, she looked up and ran right to me. I bent down and Lassi jumped into my lap, wagging her tail and tried to get into my bag where I had often carried her as a pup. We got to pet her for a while and see that she was healthy and fine. I handed Lassi the bone after a few moments and she jumped down and trotted into a house close by. We were happy to know that Lassi was being cared for, and it was a real treat to see her on our last week in Dehra Dun.
Posted by Picasa