Thursday, June 18, 2009

Royalty




Yesterday Johanna, Will and I went on a little walk around town. We went primarily to the royal court, the marble church, and then we ate danish in the King's park.....actually they just call it Vienna bread here as "eating danish" would be inhumane.
I had never been in a royal court before, and I got to see the changing of the guards with their big puffy hats. The marble church was pretty amazing too, as it was full of colors and a huge organ with big ornate swans surrounding the pipes. Made me miss my church community back home though. I look at church buildings a lot differently now, as I think of the church as more of a body of people, and the building more as a work of art. The building that my church meets in back home is a lot more simple and has recently gotten a face lift while we've been away. I'm eager to be back home worshipping there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: