Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Community Gathers


Will and I headed up to Mussoorie again this past weekend, and stayed at Louise's house along the cool hillside. Saturday night we went to the Woodstock School Jazz Jam, which was pretty awesome. We tapped our toes and clapped away as the high school jazz ensemble played big band music, a favorite of mine as many of you know. In between sets some of the staff, including Louise who plays violin, played rock and folk music. This of course made Will and I think of our dad's who are fabulous guitar players, and connoisseurs of folk and rock music.
On Sunday morning Will, Louise and I gathered with friends from our Mussorie community, to sing, talk and pray. My own community back home makes every effort to learn songs in other languages, so I was really excited to sing songs that I recognized in Hindi with my brothers and sisters here in India.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joshua Grace said...

indian jazz fest is amazing