Sunday, May 3, 2009

Textured Pencil Holders





At one of the workshops I hosted recently, one of the teachers from the local school for the Deaf created this decorated tin can with newspaper. Like any good artist, I stole the idea and brought it to my after school program. Rolling paper isn't easy for every child, especially those who are younger and those who may struggle with some fine motor skills. However, these kid really pressed into it and spent almost 2 hours working on their tins. It was fun to watch them make these functional forms and even more fun to hear how they would use them in their homes.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat project with paper. I'm impressed with your creative ideas and projects. I've been saving the sunday funnies for paper jewelry, so count on more supplies if needed when you are back in Philly.

Joshua Grace said...

talent borrows. genius steals!